PocketDoc recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of internet users and is committed to safeguarding the interests of our customers and on-line visitors. Please review the following statement outlining PocketDoc’s policies and procedures put in place to ensure your expectations of privacy.
PocketDoc maintains a customer database where your personal information is stored in our secure data facility. For the purpose of our policy, personally identifiable information includes your name, title, specialty, address, e-mail address, phone number, fax number, credit card information, PocketDoc account number, and hospital or institutional affiliation. PocketDoc will not share your personal information with a third party. This information is used to provide the services requested and to provide you with information and marketing materials when available. All material you post in a public view area, such as a chat room, message board, blog, or community, is considered public, and you are solely responsible for such material and all consequences of posting it.
Cookies are files stored on your computer’s hard drive that contain information about your session on a web site. In order to serve you better, PocketDoc stores your email address in a cookie so we can automatically identify you when you return to our site. If you reject the cookies, you will be required to logon or enter your email address every time you come to the website before you can view your account information. We do not store any billing information in cookies at any time. In order to clear the cookie (if you are using a public computer and/or do not wish to have this cookie saved on your computer) you should click on “My Account” and at the top of the page there will be a line stating “Welcome back… if you are not… please click here” – click the link that says “click here” and the cookie will be cleared. Do not enter your email address again when prompted or it will be saved in the cookie again.
PocketDoc customers who purchase PocketDoc through this site select a unique user sign-on name and password upon registration of the product to ensure privacy. If PocketDoc is purchased through a reseller site, PocketDoc assigns a unique user sign-on name. It is important for you to protect unauthorized access to your account by not sharing this information. Do not allow any unauthorized person access to your password. It is your responsibility to control the use of your password; notify PocketDoc immediately if your password is compromised.
When using PocketDoc, information will be transmitted over the internet, which is beyond our control. Accordingly, we are not responsible for third party internet provider issues such as delays, corruption of data, viruses, spyware, or other internet-related issues you may experience.
All transactions processed by PocketDoc are protected using encryption and firewall technologies recognized as providing security protection for information transmitted over the internet. Privacy Contact: Questions regarding PocketDoc’s Privacy Statement should be directed to (888) 321-STAT (7828) ext 209.
1. All information, materials, and content contained on and referred to in this software is intended exclusively for information and reference purposes and is not intended to direct or recommend medical treatment or take the place of care and treatment by licensed and qualified medical professionals and other qualified assistance in the event of an emergency. Always seek the advice of licensed and qualified medical professionals with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of information you have viewed on PocketDoc!
2. The information in each chapter was supplied and/or reviewed by licensed medical practitioners and professionals
3. Regarding transmission of HIV/AIDS and hepatitis B virus, the rescuer who responds in an emergency should be guided by best industry practices and moral and ethical values of preserving life
4. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL PocketDoc (OR ITS AGENTS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR REPRESENTATIVES) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, ECONOMIC, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER PECUNIARY DAMAGES OR LOSSES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE RELIANCE, USE OR MISUSE OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE SOFTWARE OR OBTAINED THROUGH THE SOFTWARE (E.G., LINK TO THIRD PARTY SITE), HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY LEGAL THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE), EVEN IF PocketDoc HAS BEEN ADVISED OF SUCH DAMAGES OR THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES
5. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITITION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU
6. By using PocketDoc, users agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction for any dispute with us, or in any way relating to your use of PocketDoc, will be in state or federal courts situated in Cook County, Illinois. Users and PocketDoc WAIVE THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A NAMED PLAINTIFF IN ANY CLASS ACTION, AND AGREE TO TRIAL OF ANY SUCH DISPUTE BEFORE THE COURT WITHOUT A JURY. Use of PocketDoc is governed by the laws of the State of Illinois, without regard to choice of law principles.